Providing Termite Treatment across North Brisbane and Beyond
Destroying your home one bite at a time, termites (or white ants as they are sometimes referred to) are pests that love nothing more than to chew through timber and wood - causing irreparable damage to your home.
Think they can't affect your home? Remember, even a steel frame or all-brick home still has skirting boards, window sills and door frames mad eof timber that are vulnerable to termite attack!
Signs of Termite Invasion
Some of the tell-tale signs that you may have termites include:
- hollow sounding/changes to the timber;
- the noise of insects moving about in walls;
- discolouration/peeling of paint;
- and of course seeing the termites themselves.
Termites love our humid Brisbane climate, and are drawn to moisture so you should also inspect any damp or wet areas around your walls or foundations – for example, from an air conditioner that’s not been plumbed properly.
At A1 Pest Management, we can help with:
- termite inspections (including pre-purchase inspections);
- preventative termite treatment,
- and the eradication of active termites in your house, garden, fencing, trees and tree stumps.
As a family owned business we understand that cost is an important consideration, so we aim to provide you with professional advice and a cost indication over the phone. Cost depends on where the termites are located, the size of house / tree / stump / wood pile and how bad the infestation is.
If you suspect you have termites, it's natural to want to check over your home or yard with a fine tooth comb to try and find the source. Disturbing them, however, could make the situation much worse.
This is why it is very important to call in the experts for a termite inspection as soon as possible. At A1 Pest Management we can usually be on site within 24 hours to provide a professional termite inspection to help protect your house. We are experts in termite treatment and control and know exactly how to find their entry points, prescribe and implement treatment, and advise you on the best possible course of action going forward.
The Dos and Don'ts when you have Termites
IMPORTANT: Please do not disturb if found (see below for further information)
- Begin treatment as soon as possible if you have a termite infestation. The longer you leave it, the worse the problem can become (However, a few days to make an informed and calm decision will benefit you, and not have a major impact on the damage).
- Eliminate entry points for more termites to enter your home, and keep piles of debris/gardens/clutter away from the external walls of your home to prevent further termite attacks.
- Keep your children and pets away from termite infested areas. This is particularly important if any treatment has begun. (We will advise you how best to handle this)
- Seal any cracks or fill them. The exterior, especially roof and structural timbers, windows and doors, are important to fix after a treatment has been carried out.
- Assume all termite treatments are the same. There are many options which depend on your specific situation/house and vary in their odour, toxicity and effectiveness.
- Attempt any major structural treatments of your own. You could end up making the situation worse and ruin the house’s integrity.
- Think that the problem will sort itself out. No matter what termite infestation you have they will breed and, in time, make the situation much worse.
Australian Standards recommend a termite inspection at least every 12 months. At the very least, make sure you get a pre-purchase inspection to assess for any potential termite damage or activity.
Our specialist technicians are licensed and insured to provide termite treatment and pre-purchase inspections, so call A1 Pest Management TODAY on 0418 564 334.